At folio 1 verso is a dedication in Latin to Fathers Andreas and Antonius Losson, founders of a college at Ypres, and to Maria van Breusegen and Maria Losson, co-founders, to whom the drawings were apparently presented by the college. The year 1644 (or possibly 1646), is given underneath the dedication in a rebus to which the date 24 April has been added in a contemporary hand. The dedication is enclosed in a border of thick ropes in blue, ending in orifices in red from which ears of corn are protruding, the ropes being intertwined with thinner cords in red with tassels in gold. The drawings, in red, blue, green, brown, and black, form oval centres to elaborately edged shields bearing four religious emblems representing Christ, the Virgin, the Scourging at the Pillar, and the Crucifixion. The scrolls above the drawings contain the titles to the pictures; those underneath, consisting of tags of hexameter verse, contain what are presumably intended as mottoes.