The collection was begun in the late nineteenth century and continued in the twentieth, being entrusted to Ian Scobie in 1944 (MS.22130, folio 2). The latest entry appears to be dated 1956. The entries are written on folio sheets. Press cuttings and other printed extracts and photographs (both originals and copies) have been added, pasted on separate sheets of the same size, to illustrate many of the entries. A number of the additional entries, and additions to existing entries, appear to be in the hand of Archibald Campbell, author of the ‘Kilberry book of ceol mor’.