Letters to John Murray, publishers, of correspondents with surnames and company names from Lloyd, H. to Lloyd, W., 1826-1915.
Scope and Contents
All the letters are arranged alphabetically by correspondent and by date under each name.
Lloyd, Hannibal Evans.
Letters, 1826, 1831, 1833 and 1835-1839, of Hannibal Evans Lloyd to John Murray II and John Murray III. Folios 1-50.
Lloyd, John (fl 1826).
Estimates, 1826, for ‘two patent Printing Machines, for printing a newspaper’ signed by John Lloyd and agreed by Edward Shickle Cowper. Folios 51-54.
Lloyd, John (1833-1916).
Letters, 1910 and 1914-1915, of John Lloyd to John Murray IV. Folios 55-64.
Lloyd, John Augustus.
Letters, 1830, and draft of a title page , after 1851, of John Augustus Lloyd to John Murray III. Folios 65-70.
Letters, 1850, 1869, 1874 and undated, of Llewelyn Lloyd to John Murray III. Folios 71-90.
Lloyd, Sampson Samuel.
Letter, 1865, of Sampson Samuel Lloyd to John Murray III. Folios 91-92.
Lloyd, Samuel Webb.
Letter, 1870, of Samuel Webb Lloyd to John Murray III. Folios 93-94.
Lloyd, William Watkiss.
Letters, 1871-1873, 1879 and 1891, of William Watkiss Lloyd to John Murray III. Folios 95-108.
- Creation: 1826-1915.
- Lloyd, Hannibal Evans (philologist) (Person)
- Lloyd, John (printing machine maker) (Person)
- Lloyd, John (political reformer and antiquary) (Person)
- Lloyd, John Augustus (engineer and surveyor) (Person)
- Lloyd, Llewelyn (writer on sports and Scandinavia) (Person)
- Lloyd, Sampson Samuel (banker) (Person)
- Lloyd, Samuel Webb (rector of Barham, Kent) (Person)
- Lloyd, William Watkiss (archaeologist) (Person)
- Murray, John Samuel (publisher (II)) (Recipient, Person)
- Murray, John (publisher (III)) (Recipient, Person)
- Murray, John, Sir, Knight (publisher (IV)) (Recipient, Person)
- Cowper, Edward Shickle (printing engineer) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Normal access conditions apply.
Language of Materials
i + 108 folios.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Part of the National Library of Scotland Archives and Manuscripts Division Repository